Shipping & Receiving Agent
We are seeking an experienced Shipping & Receiving Agent for part-time work (25-30 hrs/week). This person must possess the ability to learn quickly and require very little guidance. This qualified candidate should be self-sufficient and will package and process shipments to and returns from customers. Candidate will sort orders by carrier and or shipping method. Candidate will coordinate with Warehouse Manager regarding order changes and/or stock outages, etc. Must continually shift product to organize our warehouse in the most efficient way. Must be able to work well independently and with our team. Experience with UPS WorldShip and FedEx Ship Manager is mandatory. Must be familiar with material handling equipment (i.e. reach truck, power pallet jack, manual pallet jack, automatic pallet wrapping machine, etc). Must be comfortable calling freight companies to schedule daily pickup and deliveries. We operate in a small office environment with flexible hours. Qualified candidate will report directly to the Warehouse Manager. We are extremely particular on attendance, attitude and most importantly, performance. The qualified candidate will be responsible, but not limited to the following:
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be able to operate material handling equipment (reach truck operators license preferred)
- Strong software skills, primarily with MS Office Suite products.
- Must be able to occasionally lift 50 lbs (many items are less than 5 lbs).
- Unload inbound floor loaded containers.
- Daily picking, packing and processing of all orders (small parcel and full truck load) in our 24,000sq/ft warehouse.
- Communicate tracking information to designated recipients.
- Assist in exception reporting for Warehouse Manager.
- Provide ideas to improve efficiency.
- Experience with freight and shipping software (ex: UPS WorldShip and FedEx Ship Manager) and the ability to accurately enter orders and continually update with accurate emails, shipping address, account numbers, etc. Other computer programs used daily, and you must be comfortable learning and navigating new software.
- Must have minimum of two years experience in warehouse/distribution setting.
- General knowledge of shipping industry
Contact us via email email@example.com